All athletes are required to go through medical clearance annually prior to participating in Wesleyan University Athletic Programs.
The sports medicine department's process is separate from the information that student/athletes
provide the Wesleyan Health Center. Athletes must complete both.
There are several steps to the medical clearance process for athletes. The steps are outlined below:
1. Register on Sportsware.
- First year and sophomores (classes of '19 and '20) must "join Sportsware". The school ID is Wesleyan#1.
- Juniors and seniors (classes of '17 and '18) will need to reactivate their accounts by hitting "reset password". Please use your Wesleyan email address.
- Once athletes establish their account on Sportsware they must do the following:
- Click on the MY INFO section. Complete the general, address, emergency , insurance (upload a copy of both sides of your insurance card) and medical tabs.
- Click on the HISTORY section. Fill in all of the yes/no questions and give details where appropiate.
- Disregard the FORMS/PRINT section.
- Please remember to save your work.
2. Medical Clearance Packet
Please complete all of the required forms in the medical clearance packet. Please complete all sections of the form including medical records, sickle cell, ADD/ADHD, pre-participating screening acknowledgement, insurance information, Athletic Injury Care privacy practice, assumption of risk and informed consent and injury, illness and concussions reporting acknowledgement form. After filling out the entire packet please print the document and sign where indicated. Please bring any relevant paperwork from physicians, ADHD medical exceptions paperwork and the completed medical clearance packet. If you are under 18 a parent/guardian must sign the form. Please bring the completed form to your medical screening.
3. Report to Medical Screening
All athletes are required to go through medical clearance screening prior to participating in official team practices. All athletes should report to the Athletic Injury Care office (located in the lower level of the Freeman Athletic Center) at the assigned date and time. The dates and times for all winter and spring sports are as follows:
Baseball - November 14-November 17 from 9:00 am-12:00 pm
You must bring all of your completed forms from the medical clearance packet to your medical screening.
Important information about your medical screening - please review before your assigned time
- Do not work out in the 3 hours prior to your medical clearance scheduled time
- Please upload a photo of the front and back of your medical insurance card or bring a photocopy with you to the screening
- If you are unable to attend at your scheduled time please email Joe Fountain at email@example.com
Student-athletes are encouraged to complete ImPACT testing before arriving on campus. Please click here for the instructions for completing the ImPACT test remotely. Only new athletes and rising juniors that play the following sports are required to participate in ImPACT testing:
Men's and Women's Basketball, Men's and Women's Ice Hockey, Wrestling, Divers, Pole Vaulters, Baseball, Softball, and Men's and Women's Lacrosse.
Please read the attached information and complete the consent form. All athletes needing ImPACT baselines will receive an email with the link and access code. Baselines must be performed at a computer with a mouse. Please contact Joe Fountain at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.