TUCSON, Ariz.- Wesleyan University head baseball coach Mark Woodworth won his 300th career game as the Cardinals scored a combined 26 runs Thursday to defeat California Lutheran University, 7-6, and Carleton College, 19-1 in Tucson, Ariz.
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS
- In the top of the second, Nick Miceli '17 singled, scoring Marco Baratta '16. Will O'Sullivan '17 then reached first on an error, which would score Miceli.
- In the top of the third the Cardinals got another run as Miceli stole second, and Jordan Farber '16 stole home.
- Wesleyan would score four runs in the top of the seventh as Matt Jeye '18 knocked in a run with a single, followed by a Baratta 2-run double. Miceli then would single to score Baratta.
- Peter Rantz '16 got the victory for the Cardinals as he pitched 7 innings, allowing four earned runs.
GAME TWO HIGHLIHGTS
- The Cardinals had a huge bottom of the second inning as they scored eight runs on six hits. Baratta, Eric Jones '16, Robby Harbison '17, O'Sullivan, Andrew Keith '19 and Davidson all knocked in runs in the inning.
- In the fourth, Wesleyan put up three more runs on a 3-run homerun by Davidson.
- Harbison registered another RBI in the bottom of the fifth as his single scored Baratta.
- In the sixth the Cardinals put up three more runs to give them a 19-1 victory. Davidson got another RBI while Danny Rose '19 doubled scoring two runs.