Score: Game 1: Wesleyan 8, Concordia 2; Game 2: Wesleyan 3, Concordia 0
Records: Wesleyan (3-0); Concordia (3-4)
Location: Tucson, Ariz. (Kino Sports Complex)
Date: Monday, March 13th
Time: 4:30/7 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University baseball team swept a doubleheader against Concordia (Wisc.) on Monday afternoon thanks to a big afternoon at the plate by Matt Jeye '18 in game one and an excellent pitching performance by Alec Olmstead '20 in game two.
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Cardinals got on the board in the first inning as Andrew Keith '19 scored on a Nick Miceli '17 single to center.
- An Isaac Tewes homerun would tie the game at one in second.
- Wesleyan would get the lead back in the fifth as a Jeye walk forced in Keith from third.
- The bats would come alive for the Cardinals in the sixth as they put up six runs in the frame, which was highlighted by a Jeye grand slam.
- Concordia would add a run in the seventh, but would get no closer, and Wesleyan would claim the 8-2 victory in game one.
- Jeye would finish the day with five RBIs, while Mike McCaffrey '19 earned the win on the mound pitching 6 innings allowing two runs on four hits while striking out seven.
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS:
- Collin Andrews '18 singled home Ryan Earle '19 in the second to give the Cardinals a 1-0 lead in game two.
- In the top of the sixth, Danny Rose '19 would double home Earl and Will O'Sullivan '17 to give Wesleyan a 3-0 advantage.
- Olmstead would earn the win as he pitched six excellent innings, allowing just two hits. Asher Young '17 would earn the save with a perfect seventh to give Wesleyan the 3-0 win.
- Wesleyan is right back at it tomorrow, Tuesday March 14th, as they will take on Marian (Wisc.) at 4:30 p.m.