Score: Game 1: Pomona-Pitzer 8, Wesleyan 3; Game 2: Claremont-Mudd-Scripps 19, Wesleyan 4
Records: Wesleyan (5-3); Pomona-Pitzer (9-11); Claremont-Mudd-Scripps (9-8)
Location: Claremont, Calif.
Date: Sunday, March 19th
Time: 2 p.m. / 6 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University baseball team dropped two games to Pomona-Pitzer and Claremont-Mudd-Scripps as it continued its Spring Break trip in California on Sunday afternoon.
- The Sagehens would get out to an early 1-0 lead in the bottom of the third.
- Pomona-Pitzer would score three runs in the bottom of the sixth as a triple from Tanner Nishioka scored two and a single by Bryce Rogan would score Nishioka from third to make the score 4-0.
- Ryan Earle '19 would launch a homerun to right field, scoring Will O'Sullivan '17 and Andrew Keith '19 to bring the Cardinals to within run run at 4-3.
- One run in the seventh and three in the eighth would give the Sagehens a comfortable lead, and they would go onto claim the 8-3 win.
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS:
- Trey Smith and Nick DeGallier would knock in runs in the bottom of the first to give Claremont-M-S an early 2-0 lead.
- The Stags would open the game up, scoring seven runs in the second and another in the third to make the score 10-0.
- Wesleyan would begin chipping away at the CMS lead in the fourth as Earle took a pitch yard for a two-run homerun to make the score 10-2.
- Danny Rose '19 would double home AJ Ferrara '18 and Matt Jeye '18 in the sixth to bring the Cardinals to within six.
- CMS would add to its lead, scoring two runs in the sixth, one in the seventh and six in the eighth as it went onto claim a 19-4 victory.
- The Cardinals will return to action on Tuesday, March 21st as they will take on the University of Redlands at 6 p.m.