Score: Johnson and Wales 4, Wesleyan 3
Records: Wesleyan (11-4, 2-0 NESCAC), Johnson & Wales (7-7, 2-0 GNAC)
Location: Providence, R.I. (Scotts Miracle-Gro Athletics Complex)
Date: Wednesday, April 5th
Time: 4 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University baseball team dropped a tough non-conference road game to Johnson and Wales, 4-3, on Wednesday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Cardinals took an early 2-0 lead in the top of the first inning. Andrew Keith '19 scored on a passed ball while Nick Miceli '17 doubled home Matt Jeye '18.
- In the bottom of the inning, the Wildcats would tie the game on RBIs from Armani Henderson and Joe Maracic.
- Dave Matthews doubled home Lou Umberto to give the home team a 3-2 lead.
- Danny Rose '19 singled home Miceli to tie the game at three in the top of the sixth.
- Johnson and Wales regained the lead in the bottom of the seventh on an RBI single from Edison Mercado.
- Ellis Schaefer '17 walked in the top of the ninth, but Wesleyan was unable to get him home to tie the game, and the Wildcats would win the game 4-3.
BY THE NUMBERS:
- Keith and Miceli led the Cardinals with two hits a piece and each stole a base as well.
- Miceli and Rose each notched an RBI.
- Mercado and Umberto each registered two hits for the Johnson and Wales.
- Wesleyan returns to the field on Friday, April 7th for a road matchup against Little Three rival Williams College. First pitch is scheduled for 4 p.m.