Game One Score: Middlebury 7, Wesleyan 3
Game Two Score: Middlebury 3, Wesleyan 2
Records: Wesleyan (16-10, 4-3 NESCAC), Middlebury (12-10, 7-4 NESCAC)
Location: Middlebury, Vt. (Forbes Field)
Date: Saturday, April 22nd
Time: 12/2:30 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University baseball team fell to NESCAC foe Middlebury College in a double-header on the road on Saturday afternoon.
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS:
- Ryan Earle '19 put the Cardinals up 1-0 in the third with an RBI single. He would then steal second and advance to third on a throwing error by the catcher, which allowed Matt Jeye '18 to score from third and put the visitors up 2-0.
- The Panthers got to within one run in the fourth as Ryan Rizzo scored to make the score 2-1.
- Nick Miceli '17 scored on a wild pitch in the fifth to put the Cardinals ahead 3-1.
- The home team gained the lead with a six-run fifth inning to go up 7-3, and would hold Wesleyan scoreless for the remainder of the game to claim game one, 7-3.
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS:
- Justin Han notched and RBI single, and Alex Guild doubled home two runs to give the home team a 3-0 lead in the bottom of the fourth.
- The Cardinals responded in the fifth as Earle doubled home Miceli to make the score 3-1 in the fifth.
- Wesleyan got the score to within one run in the sixth as Ellis Schaefer '17 doubled home Will O'Sullivan to make the score 3-2.
- The visitors would get a runner on in the top of the ninth, but Conor Himstead would induce a double play and give Middlebury the 3-2 win.
- Ethan Rode '17 went eight innings allowing just the three runs and struck out five for Wesleyan.
- The teams will conclude their weekend series, tomorrow, Sunday April 23 at 12 p.m.