Game One Score: Trinity 7, Wesleyan 0
Game Two Score: Trinity 9, Wesleyan 5
Records: Wesleyan (19-16, 6-6 NESCAC West); Trinity (22-14, 5-7 NESCAC East)
Location: Hartford, Conn. (Murren Family Field in DiBenedetto Stadium)
Date: Saturday, May 6
Time: 12 / 2:30 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University baseball team dropped a double-header Trinity College to close out the 2017 regular season.
GAME ONE HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Bantams scored in each of the the first five innings.
- Alex Rodriguez singled home two runs in the bottom of the first, and Ben Reinisch knocked in Jake Bennett to put the home team up 3-0 after three.
- Johnny Stamatis singled home a run in the third, while Brendan Pierce homered in the fourth to put Trinity up 5-0.
- The Bantams would plate two runs in the fifth on a home run by Matt Koperniak and an RBI triple from Rodriguez en route to the 7-0 win.
- Kevin Walek '20, Will O'Sullivan '17, Ryan Earle '19, Nick Miceli '17 and Ellis Schaefer '17 registered hits for the Cardinals in the game.
GAME TWO HIGHLIGHTS:
- Wesleyan got on the board first as Miceli stole third base, and then scored on an error by the pitcher to put the Cardinals up 1-0 in the second.
- The home team took the lead with a three-run third.
- Trinity added six more runs in the fourth to go up 9-1.
- In the seventh, Miceli took home on a wild pitch, and Schaefer singled home Walek to make the score 7-3.
- The Cardinals added a run on the eighth on a RBI single from Nick Valicenti '19 to make the score 7-4.
- A home run by O'Sullivan in the ninth would bring the visitors to within four runs at 9-5, but that's as close as they would get and the Bantams would claim game two by a 9-5 score.