BRISTOL, R.I. – The Wesleyan baseball team (11-13) suffered a 7-0 loss on the road at Roger Williams (11-16) on Tuesday. This was just the third meeting between the two teams, as they split a pair of games last year in the inaugural doubleheader.
- The Hawks got on the board in the bottom of the third when George Somers touched home on a throwing error, before Chris Bosco and Justin Stone scored on a Cardinal miscue, making it 3-0.
- In the bottom of the fourth, Roger Williams had the bases loaded when Anthony Dominquez scored on a wild pitch, extending the lead to 4-0.
- Wesleyan threatened in the top of the fifth when Jonny Corning reached first on an error. Andrew Keith singled through the left side, before advancing to second on the throw, but the Cardinals were unable to plate a run, leaving two stranded.
- In its half of the inning, Roger Williams' Joey Gulino took advantage of a pair of Wesleyan errors, touching home to increase the lead to 5-0.
- The Hawks added one run in the seventh and another in the eighth, making it a 7-0 final.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Coleton Reitan suffered the loss on the mound for the Cardinals, allowing four runs on three hits, while striking out five over three innings.
- Keith and Ryan Earle both went 1-2 for Wesleyan.
- Roger Williams' Kyle Schaefer picked up the win, throwing a complete shutout.
- Dominquez went 1-2, while Bosco had two RBI's.
- The Cardinals will travel to Little Three rival Williams on Friday for a 4:00 p.m. contest, before hosting the Ephs on Saturday in doubleheader action beginning at 1:00 p.m.