Score: Mt. Holyoke 4, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan: 1-4 (0-1 NESCAC); Mt. Holyoke: 3-3 (0-0 NEWMAC)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Smith Field)
Date: Wednesday, September 21st
Time: 7 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University field hockey team suffered a tough 4-0 loss to the visiting Mount Holyoke Lyons under the lights at Smith Field on Wednesday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Mt. Holyoke got on the board first at 21:59 on an unassisted goal by Colby Newsham.
- Mirjam Keochakian would take a pass from Charlotte Wagner off a penalty corner, and put it in the corner of the net to give the visitors a 2-0 lead at 24:51.
- The Lyons extended their lead to 3-0 in the second half as Wagner tipped in the shot from Kaitlin Braz at 40:35.
- Wagner notched her second assist of game as she set up Anna Ballou for the goal at 48:40 to give the visitors a 4-0 lead.
- The Cardinals would have a few chances, but were unable to get anything past Mt. Holyoke's keepers, and the visiting Lyons would claim the 4-0 victory.
- Claire Edelman '17 and Delaney Wood '20 combined to make six saves in the game.
- Wesleyan will return to the field on Saturday, September 24th to take on Bates at 11 a.m.
- The Lyons next play on Saturday as well as they will face-off against Wellesley at 12 p.m.