Score: No. 7 Tufts 6, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan: 1-6 (0-3 NESCAC), Tufts: 7-0 (3-0 NESCAC)
Location: Medford, Mass. (Ounjian Field)
Date: Tuesday, September 27th
Time: 6 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University field hockey team was defeated by No. 7 Tufts, 6-0 on Tuesday night. Claire Edelman '17 made 14 saves in the game for the Cardinals.
- The Jumbos got on the board at 9:43 on a goal by Gigi Tutoni to give them a 1-0 lead.
- Annie Artz would then score two straight goals at 18:56 and 27:23 to increase the Tufts' lead to 3-0.
- Mary Travers wrapped up the first half scoring for the Jumbos with her goal at 34:51 to give the home team the 4-0 lead going into the half.
- Celia Lewis and Claire Trilling rounded out the scoring for Tufts, who would claim the 6-0 victory.
- Edleman saved 14 of the 20 shots she faced in net.
- Wesleyan returns to action on Saturday, October 1st as they will host Hamilton College at 12 p.m.
- Tufts will next take the field on Saturday as well as they will host Amherst College at 12 p.m.