Score: Colby 4, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan (2-8, 0-5 NESCAC); Colby (4-6, 2-5 NESCAC)
Location: Waterville, Maine (Bill Alfond Field)
Date: Saturday, October 8th
Time: 11 a.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University field hockey team suffered a 4-0 defeat against the Colby College Mules on Saturday morning.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Colby got their first goal of the game at 24:56 as Anna Rudinski took a Kate Burkett pass and found the back of the net for the 1-0 lead.
- The Mules would score three second half goals, with the first two coming 30 seconds apart. Merrill Read scored at 50:13 for the 2-0 advantage, and McKayla Blanch put one past Cardinals' netminder, Claire Edelman '17 at 50:43 for the 3-0 lead.
- Colby would add its fourth and final goal at 55:47 on a Meredith Keenan goal.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Wesleyan outshot the Mules in the first half, 7-6, but Colby would outshoot Wesleyan in the second half and hold the final advantage in shots at 16-7.
- The home team would take eight corners in the game, while the Cardinals took six.
- Edelman made seven saves in net for Wesleyan.
- Abby Warren '19 took seven shots for the Cardinals.
- The Cardinals are back in action on Saturday, October 15th as they will take on NESCAC and Little Three rival Williams at 11 a.m. in Williamstown, Mass.
- The Mules return to the field tomorrow as they will play host to Endicott at 1 p.m.