Score: Amherst 4, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan (2-12, 0-9 NESCAC), Amherst (11-3, 6-3 NESCAC)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Smith Field)
Date: Saturday, October 22nd
Time: 12 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University field hockey team fell to No. 10 Amherst, 4-0, on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Purple and White got out to a quick one goal lead as Mary Grace Cronin scored just 46 seconds into the game. Her goal was assisted by Sara Culhane.
- Cronin would net her second goal of the game at 27:25 as she made some nifty moves to get by the Cardinals' defense and score for the 2-0 advantage.
- The visitors would close out the half with a Culhane goal with seven seconds remaining to head into the break with a 3-0 lead.
- Lily Ardente '18, Lauren Yue '17 and the rest of the Wesleyan defense would make some nice plays to keep Amherst from increasing their lead for the majority of the second half.
- Culhane would notch her second goal of the day at 54:13, and the Purple and White would go onto claim the 4-0 win.
- Claire Edelman '17 made 13 saves in net for the Cardinals.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Prior to the start of the game, Wesleyan honored its four seniors - Claire Edelman, Emily Hart, Colleen Lynch and Lauren Yue.
- The Cardinals will conclude their season on Wednesday, October 26th as they will host Connecticut College at 6 p.m.
- Amherst will also conclude its regular season on Wednesday as they will host Trinity as 7 p.m.