Regatta: Colby, Hamilton, UMass, Wesleyan, WPI
Result: 2nd of 5
Location: Worcester, Mass. (Lake Quinsigamond)
Date: Saturday, April 8, 2017
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's Varsity 8 crew finished second overall out of five teams Saturday morning with a time of 6:05.41. WPI won the race with a time of 6:02.48, while Colby finished third in 6:13.42.
- Additionally, the men's Second Varsity 8 boat placed second out of four teams, and the men's 3 Varsity 8 crew placed second out of three boats.
- In the Second Varsity 8, the Cardinals crossed the finish line in 6:20.96, behind WPI (6:15.96) and ahead of UMass (6:27.25).
- The 3 Varsity 8 crew placed second overall with a time of 6:41.17, while WPI finished first in 6:27.5 and Colby took third in 6:43.63.
HEAD COACH PHIL CARNEY:
- "This was a well fought battle between two strong crews for the top place. A couple of key mistakes had a big impact on our performance, and we look forward to cleaning things up and racing three strong crews next weekend at Tufts."
- Wesleyan is back in the water Saturday, April 15 and will head to Medford, Mass. to compete against Tufts, Bates and Wellesley.