Oct 28, 2017
SARATOGA, N.Y. – Wesleyan University men's crew recorded three top-10 finishes at the Head of the Fish Regatta on Saturday, headlined by its sixth overall ranking in the 25-boat Varsity 8.
- The Cardinals finished sixth in the V8 with a time of 11:23.12. Marist won the race in 11:08.39 followed by Trinity in second (11:10.93) and Ithaca in third (11:20.09). Rounding out the top-five were the University of Rhode Island Crew Club (11:21.64) and the Rochester Institute of Technology (11:22.12).
- Wesleyan finished ahead of Williams, Tufts, Middlebury, and Amherst.
- In the Second Varsity 8, the Cardinals finished sixth out of 23 boats with a mark of 11:55.05. RIT won the race (11:39.49) with Marist (11:50.93) and Trinity (11:52.26) claiming second and third, respectively. Williams took fourth in 11:53.49 and UMass grabbed fifth in 11:53.80.
- Wesleyan also excelled in the Novice 8 and took fourth out of 34 boats by crossing the finish line in 11:15.64.
- Today's regatta marked the final race of the 2017 fall season for the Cardinals, who will return to the water in the spring.