Event: Williams Fall Invitational
Results: 18th of 18 (345-360-705; +137)
Location: Williamstown, Mass. (Taconic Golf Club)
Dates: Saturday, Sept. 24 - Sunday, Sept. 25
The Lead: The Wesleyan University golf team was led by senior captain Zach Lambros this weekend at the two-day Williams Fall Invitational.
- The Cardinals shot a 345 on Day 1, but followed up with a 360 on Day 2 to finished 18th with a two-day team score of 705.
- Williams won the tournament with a 599 (302-297), Trinity finished second (604) and Middlebury placed third (619).
- Lambros led Wesleyan and finished in a tie for 49th after carding a two-day 165 (78-87).
- Brian Gerner '18 shaved two strokes off his day one score to finish with a 172 (87-85).
- Finishing third for the Cardinals was Emmet Daly '18 with a 178, while Asher Young '17 and Elliot Witdorchic '20 carded scores of 192 and 193, respectively.
- The Cardinals return to the course next Saturday, Oct. 1 to compete at the two-day NESCAC Men's Qualifier at the Ralph Myhre Golf Course in Middlebury, Vt.