Event: NESCAC Men's Qualifier
Results: 10th of 10 (359-336-695)
Location: Middlebury, Vt. (Ralph Myhre Golf Course)
Dates: Saturday, Oct. 1 - Sunday, Oct. 2
The Lead: The Wesleyan University golf team cut an incredible 23 strokes off its Day 1 score Sunday at the NESCAC Men's Qualifier, however the Cardinals finished 10th overall in the two-day tournament.
- All five Cardinal players cut strokes off their Day 1 scores.
- Zach Lambros '17 led the way with an 84 Saturday, followed by a 79 Sunday to card a 163.
- With the second lowest score for Wesleyan, Brian Gerner '18 took nine strokes off his Day 1 score and finished with a 171 (90-81).
- Elliot Witdorchic '20 shot a 91 and an 89 to card a 180.
- Both Asher Young '17 and Emmet Daly '18 scored a 185.
- Trinity and Williams tied for first overall with scores of 585, while Amherst finished third (586) and Middlebury claimed fourth (587).
- The Wesleyan University golf team will wrap up its fall schedule next Saturday-Sunday, Oct 8-9, with the NESCAC Women's Championship at the Ralph Myhre Golf Course.