Event: Wesleyan vs. Williams
Result: Williams, 620 (316-304); Wesleyan, 705 (359-346)
Location: Middlefield, Conn. (Lyman Orchards)
Dates: Saturday, April 15 - Sunday, April 16
The Lead: The Wesleyan University golf team competed in its first event of the spring this weekend as it hosted Little Three rival Williams College at the Lyman Orchards Jones Course in Middlefield, Conn. The Ephs won with a two-day score of 620, while the Cardinals finished with a team score of 705.
- Sam Goldenring of Williams led all players with a two-day low score of 151 after shooting a 75 in round one, followed by a 76 in round two.
- Zach Lambros '17 posted the lowest score for Wesleyan. With an 81 on day one, he cut one stroke off his round two score with an 80 to finish with a two-day 161.
- The lowest score of the weekend was a 74 by Jacob Watt-Moris of Williams as he carded a 74 in round two. He finished with a two-day 160.
- The Cardinals cut 13 strokes off their round one score.
- Wesleyan returns to the course next weekend for the two-day Williams Spring Invitational at the Taconic Golf Club in Williamstown, Mass.