Event: Williams Spring Invitational
Result: 7th of 7
Location: Williamstown, Mass. (Taconic Golf Club)
Dates: Saturday, April 22 - Sunday, April 23
The Lead: The Wesleyan University golf team competed at the Williams Spring Invitational this weekend and placed seventh overall. The Cardinals were led by Zach Lambros '17 who finished with a two-day score of 165 (84-81).
- Williams won the tournament with a team score of 577 (289-288). Trinity finished in second with a two-day team score of 589 (294-295), and Middlebury took third with a 593 (290-303).
- The Cardinals carded a two-day team score of 697 after shooting a 347 on day one and 350 on day two.
- Lambro finished 30th in the field, while Brian Gerner '18 and Colin O'Keeffe '17 tied for 36th with scores of 174. Gerner shot an 85 on day one followed by an 89 on day two, while O'Keeffe carded an 89 on day one and an 85 on day two.
- Sam Goldenring of Williams finished first overall with a two-day 138 (68-70).
- The Cardinals return to the Taconic Golf Club on Wednesday, April 26 and will wrap up the 2016-17 season at the Little Three Championship hosted by Williams.