-- Recap by Dom Vazquez '19 --
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Wesleyan University golf team competed in its final regular season tournament of the fall this past weekend at the Williams Fall Invitational hosted by the Ephs at the Taconic Golf Club. The Cardinals finished 18th overall with a combined score of 675.
Williams placed first at the tournament with an overall score of 588, followed closely by Husson University (605), Trinity College (607), and St. John Fisher (609). Wesleyan finished ahead of Rhode Island College and Massachusetts College. Sam Goldenring of Williams finished in first place individually, shooting two-under par and carding a 140 overall.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Wesleyan's efforts at the invitational were led by Noah Cate '22, who carded a 79 both days for a total of 158 and a tie for 41st.
- Eli Epstein-Lubow '22 also excelled, carding an 80 on Day 1 and an 82 on Day 2 to finish with a 162 and a tie for 62nd.
- Junior Elliot Witdorchic carded a 91 on the first day but improved by nine shots on the second day to card an 82 and finish in 87th.
- George Blinick '19 and Bryan Chong '21 rounded out Wesleyan's top finishers with Blinick carding a 93 on Day 1 and an 89 on Day 2, and Chong carding a 102 followed by a 92.
- The Cardinals are back in action next weekend as they host the NESCAC Championships Qualifier at Lyman Orchards on Saturday, Sept. 29 and Sunday, Sept. 30. The four teams with the lowest scores at Qualifier will compete at the NESCAC Championships in the spring.