Score: Tufts 4, Wesleyan 2
Records: Wesleyan (1-1-0, 1-1-0 NESCAC); Tufts (2-0-0, 2-0-0 NESCAC)
Location: Medford, Mass. (Malden Forum)
Date: Saturday, November 19th
Time: 3 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's ice hockey team erased an early two-goal deficit, but it wasn't enough as they fell to Tufts 4-2 on the road.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Patrick Lackey put the Jumbos on the board with 47 seconds gone by in the first period as he got a shot past Cardinals' goaltender Dawson Sprigings '17.
- Lackey would net his second of the period at 13:50 to give the home team a 2-0 lead.
- James Kline '17 set up Vincent Lima '19 for the goal at 14:39 in the first to bring the Cardinals to within one at 2-1.
- At 3:18 in the second, Cam McCusker '18 would net a power play goal off a Walker Harris '20 pass to tie the game at 2.
- Tufts would score twice in the third on goals by Brian Brown and Anthony Farinacci to seal the 4-2 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Sprigings made 21 saves in the game.
- Wesleyan out-shot Tufts 30-25 in the game and also held the advantage in faceoffs, winning 38 to the Jumbos 25
- The Cardinals went 1-2 on the power play while Tufts was 0-4 with the extra man.
- Wesleyan returns to action on Saturday, November 26th as they will host Southern Maine for a 4 p.m. contest.
- The Jumbos will next take the ice on Tuesday, November 22nd as they will host Becker at 7 p.m.