Score: Wesleyan 3, Castleton 0
Records: Wesleyan (6-3-0, 2-2-0 NESCAC); Castleton (3-8-2)
Location: Plattsburgh, N.Y. (Ronald B. Stafford Ice Arena)
Date: Saturday, December 31st
Time: 1 p.m.
The Lead: A hat trick by Dylan Holze '18 and three assists by Tyler Wyatt '20 helped propel the Wesleyan University men's ice hockey team to a 3-0 victory over Castleton University in the consolation game of the W.B. Mason Winter Classic on Saturday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Holze got the scoring started early in the first period as he took a pass from Wyatt and got the puck past Spartans netminder Brody Wagner to put Wesleyan up 1-0 at 1:34 in the first period.
- Holze and Wyatt connected again in the second period as Holze notched his fourth goal on the year at 12:00 in the second period.
- Wyatt, along with Mike Yablong '19 would earn assists on Holze's third goal of the game at 12:32 in the third period. Holze's goal would come on the power play.
- The Cardinals would go onto claim the 3-0 shutout victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- George Blinick '19 would earn his second win and shutout on the year as he stopped all 33 shots he faced in the game.
- Holze's three goals now bring his season total to five, while Wyatt now has six assists on the year.
- Castleton outshot Wesleyan 33-21.
- The Cardinals' penalty kill was excellent, holding the Spartans to 0-7 on the power play.
- Wesleyan's power play was 1-3 on the afternoon.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE:
- Holze was named to the All-Tournament team.
- The Cardinals will return to the ice on Friday, January 6th as they will host the Middlebury Panthers for a 7 p.m. contest.