Score: Wesleyan 1, ECSU 1 (2OT)
Records: Wesleyan (0-0-1); Eastern Connecticut State (0-2-1)
Location: Willimantic, Conn. (Thomas Nevers Field)
Date: Tuesday, September 6
Time: 4 p.m.
The Lead: After falling behind 1-0 late in the second half, Adam Cowie-Haskell '17 netted the first goal of the year for the Wesleyan University men's soccer team, who played to a 1-1 tie against Eastern Connecticut State on Tuesday afternoon in a double-overtime contest.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Justin Grant gave Eastern the 1-0 advantage as he took the Griffin Luczek pass and got the ball past Wesleyan net minder Jack Katkavich '17 at 76:06.
- However, the Cardinals answered seconds later, at the 76:29 mark, as Cowie-Haskell took the Jack Wolf '20 pass, and put it past Warriors' goalkeeper Ryan Murphy to tie the game at one.
- After 110 minutes of play, the game concluded in a 1-1 draw.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Wesleyan outshot the Warriors 15-2, and of the Cardinals 15 shots, seven were on goal. ECSU was only able to register one shot on goal in the game.
- Katkavich and Brian Harnett both saw time in net, with Katkavich playing 80:44 minutes, allowing one goal on the only shot he would face. Harnett played 29:16 minutes in the game.
- Murphy played all 110 minuts for the Warriors, allowing one goal while making six saves in the game.
- Cowie-Haskell took five shots in the game, with two being on net. Garrett Hardesty '18 registered three shots, with one making it on goal.
- Grant and Luczek accounted for the only two shots in the game for Eastern.
- The Cardinals return to the pitch Saturday, September 10 and will head to Swarthmore College for a 6 p.m. contest.
- The Warriors return to action on Saturday as well, and will host Muhlenberg at 1 p.m.