Score: Wesleyan 5, John Jay 0
Records: Wesleyan (2-0-1); John Jay: (1-5)
Location: New York, N.Y. (Randall's Island Field)
Date: Tuesday, September 13
Time: 7 p.m.
The Lead: Juniors Adam Cowie-Haskell and Garrett Hardesty each scored two goals a piece for the second straight game, as the Wesleyan University men's soccer team defeated John Jay by a score of 5-0.
- Cowie-Haskell opened the scoring for the Cardinals as he put a deflection past the Bloodhounds goaltender at the 11-minute mark to give Wesleyan the 1-0 lead.
- Cowie-Haskell would tally another goal as he found the rebound off an Aaron Stone '18 shot in front of the net and notched his second goal of the night for the two goal lead.
- Not to be outdone, Hardesty took a pass across the box from Jack Wolf '20 and put it past John Jay goalkeeper Alexandros Taliotis for the 3-0 lead.
- Not two minutes later at the 54-minute mark, Hardesty would strike again as he took a Cowie-Haskell pass across the box and put the Cardinals up by four.
- Alec Haas '20 would seal the 5-0 victory as he would deflect the Eric Gooden '19 pass into the net at the 67-minute mark of the match.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Wesleyan outshot John Jay by a 20-3 margin. Fourteen of the Cardinals shots were on cage while the Bloodhounds put two on goal.
- Wesleyan also held a decisive advantage in corner kicks, 7-0.
- Brian Harnett '18 earned the victory in net as he made two saves in his 80 minutes of action.
- The Cardinals will return to action on Saturday, September 17 as they open up the NESCAC season against Bowdoin at 1:30 p.m. at Jackson Field.
- John Jay returns to the the pitch on Saturday as well, as they will play host to Hunter College at 6 p.m.