Score: Bowdoin 1, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan: 2-1-1 (0-1 NESCAC), Bowdoin: 3-1-0 (1-1-0 NESCAC)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Jackson Field)
Date: Saturday, September 17th
Time: 1:30 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's soccer team fell to Bowdoin College 1-0 in its 2016 NESCAC opener.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Polar Bears scored the lone goal of the game as Moctar Niang put a header off a direct kick from Ethan Ellsworth past Cardinals' net-minder Jack Katkavich '17 at the 15:47 mark of the first half to give the visitors a 1-0 lead.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Katkavich made four saves in net for the Cardinals, while his counterpart, Stevie Van Siclen earned the shutout victory, also making four saves in the game.
- Wesleyan held a slight edge in shots at 10-7, and corner kicks at 2-0.
- The Cardinals will return to the pitch on Wednesday, September 21st as they will host Western New England University in a 4 p.m. contest.
- The Polar Bears return to action on Tuesday, September 20th when they will host Bates College at 4 p.m.