Score: Middlebury 2, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan (5-7-1, 2-6-0 NESCAC), Middlebury (8-1-3, 4-1-3 NESCAC)
Location: Middlebury, Vt. (FieldTurf Field)
Date: Sunday, October 16th
Time: 2 p.m.
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's soccer team fell to the Middlebury Panthers, 2-0, on the road on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The home team notched their first goal at the 30:29 mark as Drew Goulart put in the rebound off of a Kirk Horton shot for the 1-0 advantage.
- Dylan Hoy '17 and Nick Jackson '18 would put shots on net, however they were thwarted by Panther netminder Greg Sydor.
- Middlebury increased their advantage to two goals as Daniel O'Grady took a Greg Conrad pass and put it in the lower right corner at 54:55 for the 2-0 lead, and the Panthers would go onto claim the 2-0 win.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Jack Katkavich '17 made six saves in goal for Wesleyan.
- Middlebury held a 16-8 advantage in shots, and a 9-3 advantage in shots on goal.
- The Panthers also held a 5-3 advantage in corner kicks.
- The Cardinals will return to the pitch on Saturday, October 22nd as they will host NESCAC and Little Three Rival Amherst on Homecoming. The game is scheduled to begin at 2:30 p.m.
- The Panthers are back in action Tuesday, October 18th as they will take on Colby-Sawyer at 3 p.m.