HOBART RESULTS l HAMILTON RESULTS
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The 19th-ranked Wesleyan University men's squash team went 2-0 Saturday with wins over No. 24 Hobart College and No. 28 Hamilton College by scores of 6-3 and 7-2, respectively.
- In the first match of the day, against Hobart, Wesleyan picked up wins from the top four positiosn, as well as the No. 8 and No. 9 courts.
- After falling short in the first set, Guy Davidson '16 responded with three straight wins to earn a 3-1 victory on court No. 1 (9-11, 11-8, 11-6, 11-4).
- Raheem Logan '16 and Alex Kamisher '17 earned 3-0 sweeps on courts No. 2 and No. 4, respectively, and Christopher Hart '17 claimed a 3-1 win in the No. 3 spot.
- Yahya Ladiwala '19 won a thrilling five-set match by scores of 12-10, 9-11, 9-11, 11-8 and 11-8, and Jason Brandner '16 dropped his first set before rattling off three straight wins to claim a 3-1 victory.
- The Cardinals cruised in the second match of the day and claimed courts No. 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 and 8.
- Davidson, Logan and Kamisher all swept their opponents from the No. 1, 2 and 3 positions, respectively.
- Zach Roach '17 dropped the first set on the No. 5 court, 15-13, but won the next three by scores of 11-3, 11-7, 12-0.
- Grant Lounsbury '17, Ladiwala and Brander all swept their opponents. Lounsbury won in the No. 6 spot, Ladiwala claimed court No. 7 and Brander earned the win from the No. 8 spot.
- The Cardinals are back in action Saturday, Jan. 30 and will host Drexel at 4 p.m.