HARTFORD, Conn. – The nationally-ranked, No. 20 Wesleyan University men's squash team edged No. 19 Colby College Sunday morning, 5-4 in the final day of competition at the 2016 NESCAC Men's Squash Championship hosted by Trinity College.
- The sixth-seeded Cardinals defeated the fifth-seeded Mules to improve to 10-5 overall in dual-matches, and claimed fifth-place in the conference tournament.
- Guy Davidson '16 and Raheem Logan '16 both earned wins at the top of the lineup. Davidson swept Will McBrian in the No. 1 position by scores of 11-7, 11-5, 11-4. Logan dropped the first game, 11-6, but responded with three straights wins of 11-6, 11-9, 11-1.
- In the middle of the lineup, Alex Kamisher '17, David Sneed '17 and Zach Roach '17 all won their matches.
- Kamisher took the No. 4 spot by scores of 11-8, 11-13, 11-3, 12-10. Sneed played to five games in the No. 5 position and rallied down 2-1 to take the match. He won by marks of 11-7, 2-11, 5-11, 11-9, 11-5. Roach defeated Benjamin Kwass in the No. 6 spot with a 3-0 sweep (11-7, 11-4, 11-7).
- Wesleyan returns to the court Saturday, Feb. 13 and will host Vassar College at 12 p.m.