AMHERST, Mass. – The No. 30 Wesleyan University men's squash team dropped a pair of matches Friday at the Pioneer Valley Invitational hosted by Amherst College as the Cardinals lost 6-3 to No. 31 Haverford College before a 9-0 loss against No. 17 Dickinson College. Wesleyan falls to 3-8 on the season.
- Sean Choi '21, Kevin Le '19 and William Coburn '21 picked up the only wins on the day for the Cardinals, all against Haverford.
- Choi's excellent freshman season continues as he won three-straight sets by an 11-8 score against Wallace Miller in the top spot.
- Le defeated Thomas Kaye in the No. 7 position with a 3-0 sweep by scores of 11-4, 11-9, 11-9, and Coburn claimed a thrilling 3-2 win over Yash Singh in the No. 8 spot. Coburn won by marks of 11-8, 5-11, 11-13, 11-6, 11-9.
- Against Dickinson, William Bienstock '20 and Le displayed the most competitive matches as Bienstock last in four sets in the No. 3 set (11-6, 11-6, 8-11, 11-8) and Le fell short in a thrilling five-set match in the No. 7 position (8-11, 11-8, 5-11, 11-9, 12-10).
- The Cardinals are back in action tomorrow, Jan. 20 and will host Bowdoin at 3 p.m.