MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - The Wesleyan University men's squash team--ranked No. 31 in the county--was edged by NESCAC rival and No. 27 Hamilton College Saturday morning, 5-4, in the Conroy Cup consolation bracket of the CSA National Team Championships hosted by the Cardinals.
Wesleyan (5-17) will return to action tomorrow and will play Stanford while the Continentals (9-12) will face Connecticut College in the consolation finals.
- The Cardinals picked up wins from Sean Choi '21, Josh Lane '19, Jackson Rubinoff '20 and William Coburn '21.
- Choi claimed the No. 1 spot in thrilling fashion, defeating Colin O'Dowd by scores of 12-10, 7-11, 11-7, 11-9.
- In the No. 4 position, Lane also won a four-set match and recovered from a 1-0 deficit. After dropping the first set, 11-4, he responded with wins of 11-7, 11-4, 11-5.
- Rubinoff swept Jonathan Ruth in the No. 7 spot with marks of 11-8, 11-5, 12-10.
- Coburn claimed a five-set thriller in the No. 8 position. After taking the first set, 11-9, he dropped the next two by scores of 11-5, 11-9. However, Coburn rallied by taking the fourth and fifth sets, 12-10, 11-9, respectively.