MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The 29th-ranked Wesleyan University men's squash team will compete in the 2019 NESCAC Men's Squash Championships this weekend and will enter the tournament as the No. 10 seed. The Cardinals will face seventh-seeded Tufts in the First Round on Feb. 1 at 6 p.m. on the campus of Middlebury College. The Panthers will serve as the host for the first time.
- The Cardinals enter the NESCAC Championships with a 2-11 record and are the No. 10 seed for the first time in program history.
- The Jumbos are the No. 7 seed for the first time since 2010 and are 5-8 on the year.
- Wesleyan and Tufts met in the season-opener, with the Jumbos claiming an 8-1 win.
- The two programs met in the conference tournament last season, as Tufts claimed an 8-1 win in the consolation round robin.
- The Cardinals and Jumbos have faced each other 41 times with Tufts holding a slight 21-20 edge in the series. Wesleyan won nine-straight from 2010-to-2017, but the Jumbos have claimed the last three meetings.
- The winner of Friday's match will advance to the quarterfinals and will play No. 2 Middlebury at 12:15 p.m., while the loser drops to the consolation matches and will face the loser of No. 9 Connecticut College and No. 8 Colby at 11:15 a.m.