MIDDLETOWN, Conn.- The Wesleyan University men's swimming and diving team competed in their final dual meet at home this year as they competed against the US Coast Guard Academy on Saturday afternoon. The Coast Guard would go onto defeat the Cardinals 190-108.
- Alex Kapphahn '19 led the way for the Cardinals in the pool as he captured two victories in the 100 and 200 yard free events. His time of 48.52 gave him the win in the 100 meter event, and his time of 1:45.41 gave him first place in the 200m free. He also came in second place in the 200 IM with a time of 1:59.78
- Spencer Tang '18 was also able to capture two victories on the afternoon. He was able to capture victories in both the 100 and 200 yard back events. Tang captured first place in the 100 with a time of 54.45, and in the 200m, his time of 2:00.35 was able to seal the victory.
- Both Tang and Kapphahn were also a part of the Cardinals 400 yard medley relay team which finished in second with a combined time of 3:37.67. The team was also comprised of seniors Jaques Brazile and Noah Hamlish. Brazile finished fourth in the 100 yard breast event with a time of 1:02.45, while Hamlish was able to capture fifth place in the 50 free event with a time of 23.36.
- Sophomore Ali Pourmaleki also had a strong meet, finishing in second place in both the 100 yard fly and the 1000 yard free events. His time of 53.51 gave him second in the 100 yard fly, and his time of 10:08.89 gave him second in the 1000 yard free event. Fellow sophomore Peter Patapis came in third in the 1000m with a time of 10:15.94 while junior Zach Carfi finished in fifth with a time of 10:37.01.
- Tang, Hamlish, Pourmaleki and freshman Max Wimer comprised the third place team in the 400 yard free relay with a combined time of 3:21.40.
- The Cardinals caputured victoires in both the one and three meter diving events. Ethan Chupp '18 won both events with scores of 256.50 and 253.95 respectively, while Nicholas Cimino finished in third in both events with scores of 224.40 and 217.05 respectively.
- The Cardinals next event will be the NESCAC Championship which will be held at Williams College from Fri., Feb. 19-21.