Score: Bates 174, Wesleyan 105
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Wesleyan Natatorium)
Date: Saturday, November 19th
Time: 3 p.m.
The Lead: Ali Pourmaleki '18 won two events, but the Wesleyan University men's swimming and diving team fell to Bates College 174-105
- Pourmaleki claimed first in the 200-yard butterfly with a time of 1:577.57 and the 500-yard butterfly with a mark of 4:54.04.
- Max Distler '18 had impressive second place finishes in the 100-yard butterfly (55.41) and the 200-yard butterfly (2:00.86).
- Spencer Tang '18 finished the 100-yard backstroke event with a time of 53.94, which was good enough for second, while Quinn Tucker '20 claimed second in the 100-yard freestyle with a mark of 48.87. Tucker also captured first place in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:45.99.
- Senior Zach Carfi and freshman Alan Huh claimed fourth and fifth place in the 200-yard breaststroke event with times of 2:21.81 and 2:24.76 respectively.
- Aidan Winn '18 finished behind Pourmaleki in the 500-yard free with a mark of 5:00.45, and also captured first in the 1000-yard freestlye with a tme of 10:22.47.
- Ethan Chupp '18 claimed both the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events with scores of 248.99 and 218.85.
- The Cardinals are back in the pool on Monday, November 21st as the will host Little Three Rival Amherst at 5 p.m.
- The Bobcats are back in action tomorrow as they will take on Trinity at 12 p.m.