MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan men's swimming and diving team hosted five schools in the Connecticut Cup on Saturday. The U.S. Coast Guard Academy won the meet with 794 points, while Connecticut College placed second with 486 points and Wesleyan came in third with 292.
- Brandon Pearson had a pair of first-place finishes during the meet in both the 1-meter and 3-meter diving events. Off the 1-meter board, Pearson recorded a mark of 222.20, while he had a mark of 222.30 off the 3-meter board.
- Joel Groves also competed in the 1-meter and 3-meter boards. Groves placed fourth off the 1-meter with a mark of 125.70, and recorded a mark of 130.40 off the 3-meter which was good for fifth place.
- Nick Moran finished third in the 50-yard fly with a time of 24.39 and came in eighth in the 100-yard free with a time of 55.27.
- Alan Huh and Qiyuan Zheng placed ninth and tenth in the 200-yard breast with times of 2:28.60 and 2:31.53, respectively. Huh and Qiyuan also competed in the 50-yard breast, placing seventh (30.04) and ninth (32.08), respectively.
- In the 50-yard back, Phon Leeswadtrakul and Julian DeMann swam to eighth and ninth place finishes, respectively, with times of 29.50 and 29.60.
- Wesleyan is back in action on Saturday when they entertain Tufts, Williams and WPI at 1:00 p.m.