CLAREMONT, Calif. – The 22nd-ranked Wesleyan University men's tennis team split its singles matches to No. 11 Pomona-Pitzer Wednesday night, but were swept in doubles action as they dropped a difficult non-conference road match, 6-3.
- Steven Chen '18, Tiago Eusebio '18 and Dhruv Yadav '18 earned Wesleyan's singles wins from the No. 2, 3 and 6 positions, respectively.
- After dropping the first set, 0-6, Chen responded nicely with back-to-back wins of 6-2 and 6-4 to defeat Graham Maassen.
- Eusebio claimed both sets against Antony Bello in No. 3 singles with scores of 6-3, 7-5.
- Yadav defeated Josh Kim in the No. 6 spot, 7-5, 6-2.
- In doubles action, Maassen and Spencer Simonides claimed an 8-1 win in the No. 1 position over Michael Liu '17 and Zachary Brint '16.
- Jake Yasgoor and Jonathin Kim defeated Joachim Samson '19 and Sam Rudovsky '16 in No. 2 doubles, 8-4.
- Kalyan Chadalavada and Bello earned an 8-2 win over Chen and Greg Lyon '17.
- The Cardinals return to the court Thursday, March 10 and will play Redlands College at 5 p.m. ET.