Apr 09, 2016
MEDFORD, Mass. – The No. 11 Wesleyan University men's tennis team defeated No. 17 Tufts University 8-1 on Saturday afternoon.
Wesleyan: 5-4, 1-2 NESCAC
Tufts: 8-3, 3-1 NESCAC
- The Cardinals won doubles action, 3-0.
- The duo of Zach Brint '16 and Greg Lyon '17 defeated Nick Cary and Rohan Gupte, 8-4 in the No. 1 position.
- In the No. 2 position, Michael Liu '17 and Steven Chen '18 were able to defeat Nik Telkedzhiev and Griffin Brockman by a score of 8-2.
- In No. 3 doubles, Joachim Samson '19 and Sam Rudovsky '16 defeated Jay Glickman and Zain Ali, 8-4.
- In singles play, Wesleyan won the No. 1-5 courts.
- Liu defeated Gupte in court No.1 in straight sets, 6-1, 6-3.
- Steven Chen '18 defeated Glickman in No. 2 singles 6-1, 6-2.
- In the No. 3 position, Tiago Eusebio '18 claimed wins of 6-1 and 6-3 over Telkedzhiev.
- Samson was able to defeat Rob Jacobson in straight sets, 6-1, 6-1.
- Cameron Daniels '18 was also able to claim a straight set victory over his opponent, Ali, 6-4, 6-1.
- Wesleyan is back in action tomorrow as they will take on Williams College.
- Tufts returns to the courts tomorrow as well as they will play host to Middlebury College.