MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The 11th-ranked Wesleyan University men's tennis team cruised to an 8-1 NESCAC victory over Trinity College Wednesday at the John Wood Memorial Tennis Courts.
Wesleyan: 6-5, 2-3 NESCAC
Trinity: 5-4, 1-3 NESCAC
- The Cardinals went 2-1 in doubles action.
- The duo of Michael Liu '17 and Steven Chen '18 claimed the No. 2 court over Camden Smith and Carlos Forreyros, 8-1.
- In the No. 3 spot, Sam Rudovsky '16 and Joachim Samson '19 edged Rutendo Matingo and William Boyd by a score of 9-8 (3).
- Wesleyan cruised to a 6-0 sweep of singles play.
- At the top of the lineup, Liu, Chen and Tiago Eusebio '18 claimed the No. 1, 2 and 3 positions, respectively. Liu defeated Rex Glickman by scores of 6-1, 6-1, Chen defeated Ford Traff 6-1, 6-4, and Eusebio claimed wins of 6-3, 6-1 over Matingo.
- Samson took No. 4 singles, 2-1 over Aaron Segel. After taking the first set 6-1, he dropped the second (6-4) before responding with a 6-0 sweep in the third game.
- Cameron Daniels '18 defeated Boyd in No. 5 singles, 6-3, 6-2.
- In the No. 6 spot, Jake Roberts '17 edged Ferreyros by scores of 7-6 (2), 6-3.
- Wesleyan is back in action Saturday, April 16 and will face Hamilton on the road at 9 a.m.
- Trinity is back in action Saturday as well and will play at Tufts beginning at 1 p.m.