NEW LONDON, Conn. – With a 9-0 clean sweep over Connecticut College Wednesday night, the No. 11 Wesleyan University men's tennis team increased its winning streak to six consecutive matches.
Wesleyan: 11-5, 7-3 NESCAC
Conn. College: 3-14, 0-4 NESCAC
- The No. 1 doubles duo of Zach Brint '16 and Cameron Hicks '17 defeated Jonathan Kraiger and Ben Sachs, 8-4.
- In No. 2 doubles, Sam Rudovsky '16 and Cameron Daniels '18 claimed an 8-3 win over Daniel Maffa and Charlie Williams.
- Tiago Eusebio '18 and Jake Roberts '17 defeated Will Cannon and Patrick Farrell in No. 3 doubles, 8-2.
- Eusebio played in No. 1 singles and defeated Kraiger by scores of 6-2, 6-2.
- Joachim Samson '19 earned a win in No. 2 singles over Williams, 6-2, 6-1, and Daniels defeated Maffa on the No. 3 court, 6-0, 6-2.
- Roberts, Michael King '16 and Hicks took No. 4, No. 5 and No. 6 singles, respectively.
- Roberts defeated Cannon by scores of 6-0, 6-1, King claimed back-to-back 6-4 wins over Sachs, and Hicks defeated Ethan Hecker, 6-2, 6-3.
- The Cardinals wrap up their 2015-16 regular season Saturday, April 30 when they take on Brandeis on the road beginning at 11 a.m.
- The Camels resume conference play Saturday and will play at Hamilton. The match is scheduled to start at 2 p.m.