Scores: No. 11 Wesleyan 8, No. 10 Case Western Reserve 1
Event: Stag-Hen Invitational – Fifth Place Match
Records: Wesleyan (2-1); Case Western Reserve (10-4)
Location: Claremont, Calif. (Claremont-Mudd-Scripps)
Date: Wednesday, March 15, 2017
The Lead: The No. 11 Wesleyan University men's tennis team cruised to an 8-1 win over No. 10 Case Western Reserve University to claim fifth-place at the Stag-Hen Invitational Wednesday on the campus of the Claremont-Mudd-Scripps.
- Wesleyan swept doubles action, 3-0.
- Seniors Michael Liu and Jake Roberts claimed No. 1 doubles, 8-5.
- In No. 2 doubles, Tiago Eusebio '18 and Maxwell Smith '19 won 8-4 and Cameron Daniels '18 and Steven Chen '18 took No. 3 doubles, 8-3.
- The Cardinals continued their strong play in singles action and won, 5-1.
- Chen edged James Fojtasek in the No. 1 position, 6-2, 7-6 (7-2).
- In the No. 2 spot, Liu defeated Siddharth Rajupet 6-3, 6-2, and Eusebio earned wins of 6-4, 6-3 over Rob Stroup in No. 3 singles.
- Joachim Samson '19 won No. 4 singles decisively over Sam Concannon, 6-1, 6-0, and Princeton Carter '20 defeated Anthony Kanam in No. 6 singles, 6-3, 6-3.
- Wesleyan returns to the courts Friday, March 17 and will play at the 18th-ranked University of Redlands. The match is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. ET.