Scores: No. 8 Wesleyan 8, No. 21 MIT 1
Records: Wesleyan (6-1); MIT (7-1)
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Bacon Field House)
Date: Tuesday, April 4
The Lead: With an 8-1 win Tuesday night, the eighth-ranked Wesleyan University men's tennis team extended its win streak to six-straight while handing No. 21 MIT its first loss of the season.
- The Cardinals took a 3-0 lead after doubles action as the 19th-ranked duo of Michael Liu '17 and Jake Roberts '18 edged Alex Cauneac and Victor Cheng in the No. 1 spot, 8-5.
- Tiage Eusebio '18 and Maxwell Smith '18 cruised to an 8-1 win in No. 2 doubles, while Cameron Daniels '17 and Steven Chen '18 won by a similar score in No. 3 doubles.
- Chen, Liu and Eusebio won the No. 1-3 positions, respectively.
- Chen defeated Tyler Barr decisively in the top of the lineup by scores of 6-1, 6-1.
- Liu earned wins of 6-4, 6-1 over Cauneac, and Eusebio claimed a 6-4, 6-4 victory against Sean Ko.
- Daniels defeated Albert Go in No. 5 singles (6-0, 6-3), while Princeton Carter '20 took No. 6 singles over Henry La Soya (6-1, 6-4).
HEAD COACH MIKE FRIED:
- "I thought we played one of our most complete matches of the year, from start to finish. We're continuing to get better and are excited for the rest of the season!"
- Wesleyan returns to the court Sunday, April 9 and will host Little Three rival and No. 9 Williams at 10 a.m.