Scores: Wesleyan 9, Trinity 0
Records: Wesleyan (10-1, 5-0 NESCAC); Trinity (5-7, 1-4 NESCAC)
Location: Hartford, Conn.
Date: Wednesday, April 19
The Lead: With a 9-0 sweep over in-state NESCAC rival Trinity College Wednesday evening, the No. 8 Wesleyan University men's tennis team extended its dual-match win streak to 10 straight and is now 10-1 overall and 5-0 in conference play.
- In No. 1 doubles, the 19th-ranked duo of Michael Liu '17 and Jake Roberts '17 earned an 8-5 win, while Tiago Eusebio '18 and Maxwell Smith '19 claimed No. 2 doubles (8-6), and Greg Lyon '17 and Cameron Hicks '17 took No. 3 doubles (8-5).
- Steven Chen '18 cruised to a 6-1, 6-3 victory in No. 1 singles, and Liu earned a decisive 6-2, 6-0 win in No. 2 singles.
- Cameron Daniels '18 and Princeton Carter '20 won No. 4 and No. 5 singles, respectively. Daniels won by scores of 6-2, 6-2, and Carter claimed victories of 6-0, 7-5.
- After dropping the first set, 6-1, Jonathan Holtzman '20 rallied with wins of 6-2, 10-4 in a thrilling match at No. 6 singles.
HEAD COACH MIKE FRIED:
- "We did a good job of staying on task and playing smart, high percentage tennis. One match at a time!"
- Wesleyan returns to the courts Saturday, April 22 and will play at Little Three rival and No. 13 Amherst. The match is scheduled to start at 1 p.m.