Scores: Wesleyan 6, Bowdoin 3
Records: Wesleyan (13-2, 8-1 NESCAC); Bowdoin (15-4, 6-3 NESCAC)
Location: Brunswick, Maine
Date: Sunday, April 30
The Lead: The fifth-ranked Wesleyan University men's tennis team concluded its regular season with an impressive 6-3 victory over No. 7 Bowdoin College on Sunday afternoon. With the win, the Cardinals finish the regular season with a program-best 13-2 overall record and 8-1 NESCAC mark to claim their first NESCAC regular season title in program history.
- Michael Liu '17 and Jake Roberts '17 fell in No.1 doubles to Luke Tercek and Grant Urken in a tough 8-5 contest.
- Tiago Eusebio '18 and Maxwell Smith '19 won their match in the No. 2 position by a 9-7 score against Kyle Wolfe and Jerry Jiang.
- In No. 3 doubles, Steven Chen '18 and Cameron Daniels '18 came out with an 8-4 victory over Gil Roddy and Justin Patel.
- In the No. 1 position, Chen claimed a 6-2, 6-1 victory over Tereck.
- Liu fell Urken in No. 2 singles, 7-6, 7-5.
- The No. 3 singles match featured Eusebio against Wolfe, and Eusebio was able to claim the win, 3-6, 6-3 (10-5).
- Joachim Samson '19 defeated Jiang in the No. 4 singles match by a score of 6-2. 6-2.
- In the No. 5 match, Daniels claimed a 6-4, 6-1 win over Roddy
- Princeton Carter '20 fell in the No. 6 position in a tough match against Luke Carstens, 6-7, 6-1 (10-8).
- The Cardinals await their seeding for the NESCAC Championships, which will be held Friday, May 5 – Sunday, May 7 at Williams College.