Scores: Bowdoin 5, Wesleyan 0
Records: Wesleyan (13-3, 8-1 NESCAC); Bowdoin (17-4, 6-3 NESCAC)
Location: Williamstown, Mass.
Date: Saturday, May 6
The Lead: The top-seeded and nationally-ranked No. 5 Wesleyan University men's tennis team was upset by the fourth-seed and nationally-ranked No. 7 Bowdoin College in the NESCAC Semifinals Saturday at Williams College, 5-0.
- The Polar Bears took a decisive 3-0 lead after doubles action
- Michael Liu '17 and Jake Roberts '17 played Luke Tercek and Grant Urken in a thriller at No. 1 doubles, but Bowdoin prevailed 9-7.
- In the No. 2 spot, Tiago Eusebio '18 and Maxwell Smith '19 were edged 8-6 by Kyle Wolfe and Jerry Jiang.
- Bowdoin only needed two wins in singles play to seal the victory.
- Urken claimed No. 2 singles over Liu, 6-0, 6-1, and Gil Roddy defeated Cameron Daniels '18 in the No. 5 spot, 6-1, 6-4.
- Wesleyan awaits its NCAA Tournament fate when the NCAA announces the field in a press release on Monday, May 8, while individuals are announced Wednesday, May 10.