Scores: Wesleyan 5, John Carroll 0
Records: Wesleyan (13-3); John Carroll (16-8)
Location: Baltimore, Md. (Johns Hopkins – Hopkins Tennis Complex)
Date: Saturday, May 13
The Lead: The fifth-ranked Wesleyan University men's tennis team won its first NCAA Tournament match in program history as it swept John Carroll, 5-0, to advance to the third round.
- The Cardinals took a commanding 3-0 lead after doubles action as Michael Liu '17 and Jake Roberts '17 took the No. 1 spot, 8-5.
- In No. 2 doubles, Tiago Eusebio '18 and Maxwell Smith '19 won decisively (8-2), and Steven Chen '18 and Cameron Daniels '18 claimed an 8-3 win in the No. 3 spot.
- Chen and Eusebio sealed the victory in No. 1 and No. 3 singles, respectively.
- Chen cruised to wins of 6-2, 6-1 over Jad Abdul-Aal.
- In the No. 3 spot, Eusebio claimed decisive victories of 6-1, 6-0 against David Sinense.
- Wesleyan advances to the third round where it will face the host school and No. 17 Johns Hopkins (17-2) on Sunday, May 14 at 12 p.m.