ORLANDO, Fla. – No. 9 Wesleyan men's tennis defeated No. 17 Trinity (Texas), 7-2 on Monday afternoon at the USTA National Campus in Orlando, Fla. With the win, the Cardinals improved to 2-0 on the year while the Tigers dropped to 5-7 with their third-straight loss.
- The Cardinals swept doubles action to take a commanding 3-0 lead.
- In the No. 1 spot, Adrian Roji and Noah Lilienthal edged their opponents, 8-7. Ali Mooraj and Princeton Carter won 8-4 in No. 2 doubles, and Andrew Finkelman and Zach Fleischman claimed an 8-7 victory in the No. 3 position.
- In singles play, Wesleyan received wins in the No. 3-6 spots.
- Roji claimed a three-set thriller in No. 3 singles by scores of 6-3, 3-6, 11-9, and Carter won in three sits in the No. 5 spot by marks of 6-3, 3-6, 10-6.
- In No. 4 singles, Lilienthal won 6-3, 6-2, and Zach Lieb won convincingly in the No. 6 position, 6-1, 6-0.
- The Cardinals are back in action tomorrow and will face No. 8 Washington (Mo.) at 10:30 a.m.