MEDFORD, Mass. – Will Dudek '17 claimed the title in the one mile run to highlight the day for the Wesleyan University men's indoor track & field team Saturday as it finished seventh overall at the 2016 Tufts Stampede.
Result: 7th of 15 (40.50 points)
Location: Gantcher Center, Tufts University
Top-Five: 1. Tufts (212.50), 2. Stonehill (129), 3. Worcester St. (67.50), 4. So. Conn. St. (76), 5. Fitchburg St. (67.50)
- Dudek crossed the finish line of the one mile run in 4:15.74 to finish first, while Tate Knight '18 finished fifth with a mark of 4:25.75. Dudek's time is currently the 14th-fasted in Division III, while both runners recorded new personal bests.
- The 3,000-meter event featured a second-place finish by Taylor Titcomb '16 and a ninth-place finish by Connor Cobb '18. Titcomb finished in a personal-best time of 8:49.52 to qualify for the New England Div. III Championships and ECAC Championships, while Cobb placed in 9:31.18.
- Reid Hawkins '17 finished the 5,000-meter run in 15:47.66 to finish fifth.
- Austin Dhillon '18 took sixth-place in the 800-meter run with a time of 2:02.70.
- In the 1,000-meter run, Colin Mahoney '18 claimed 10th overall with a time of 2:43.59.
- Andrew McCracken '19 took second overall in the pole vault with a mark of 4.25 meters, while Jessy Carrasco-Gonzales '18 placed ninth with a leap of 3.95m.
- Wesleyan's returns to the track Saturday, Feb. 6 and will host the Wesleyan Indoor Invitational beginning at 10 a.m.