MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - The Wesleyan University men's and women's track and field teams sent selected athletes to the Tufts Invitational in Medford Mass., which was held on March 4, and the ECAC DIII Indoor Track and Field Championships in Staten Island, N.Y., which was held on March 5th.
- Molly Schassberger '17 finished in seventh place in the 5000 meter run with a time of 17:33.90.
- Will Dudek '17 finished the 3000 meter run in 13th place with a mark of 8:40.24.
- The men finished 49 of 50 teams.
- Tate Knight won his section in the 3000m run with a time of 8:41.93. That time was good enough for 8th place overall.
- Agbon Edomwonyi '16 finished in 19th place in the weight throw with a toss of 14.57m.
- The women finished 20 of 50 teams.
- Jenny Aguiar '19 won her section of the 400m with a time of 58.05. That time was good enough to give her sixth place overall.
- In the mile, freshman Julia Mitchell finished seventh in her section with a time of 5:16.06 which gave her 15th overall at the meet.
- Christina Hebner '17 completed the 3000m with a time of 10:22.26 which was good enough for seventh place.
- In the long jump event, senior Alexis Walker finished in third place with a jump of 5.53m.
- Freshman Allegra Fils-Aime earned a fourth place finish in the triple jump with a mark of 11.18m.