Mar 26, 2016
MIDDLETOWN, Conn. - Hosting its first track and field meet of the spring season, the Wesleyan University men's track and field team put on a strong performance in the Wesleyan Spring Classic.
- Sophomore Albert Fang placed seventh in the 400 meter dash with a time of 52.12. Teammate Drew Trotman '18 crossed the line in 13th with a time of 53.33.
- The Cardinals 4x400 meter relay team came in third place overall as Fang, Trotman, Austin Dhillon '18, and Colin Mahoney '18 were able to cross the finish line with a time of 3:33.30.
- Andrew McCracken '19 and Jessy Carrasco-Gonzalez claimed first and second place, as McCracken edged out his teammate for first clearing 4.25m. Carrasco-Gonzales' score of 4.10m gave him second place overall in the event.
- Agbon Edomwonyi '16 claimed second place in the hammer throw as he threw for 46.68m. He also came in second in the discus throw, throwing 41.20m
- Wesleyan will return to action on Saturday, April 2, as they will compete in the U.S. Coast Guard Academy Invitational.