MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Wesleyan University men's track and field team claimed six wins at the J. Elmer Swanson Invitational, which was hosted by the Cardinals Saturday.
Result: No team scoring
Location: Middletown, Conn.
- The Cardinals dominated the 150-meter run as they claimed eight of the top 10 spots. Will Dudek '17 finished in first with a time of 3:59.27, while teammates Taylor Titcomb '16, Tate Knight '18, Reid Hawkins '17 and Keith Conway '16 came in 3-6, respectively. Joshua Signore '19, Connor Cobb '18 and Dontay Downer '19 rounded out places 8-10 for Wesleyan.
- Drew Trotman '18 captured fourth place in the 200-meter dash, crossing the line with a time of 22.68.
- Sophomores Austin Dhillon and Colin Mahoney came in fourth and fifth, respectively, in the 800-meter run. Dhillon crossed the line with a time of 2:01.53, while Mahoney finished with a time of 2:02.42.
- John Vansant '18 claimed sixth place in the 5000-meter run with his time of 16:23.63.
- The Cardinals took home first place in the 4x400 meter relay with their team of Albert Fang '18, Trotman, Dhillon and Mahoney. They crossed the line with a time of 3:33.02.
- Andrew McCracken '19 took home first place in the pole vault with his mark of 4.40m.
- Olaniyi Adebayo '19 claimed second place in the shot put with his throw of 11.99m.
- Seniors Agbon Edomwonyi and Erik Hall came in first and fourth, respectively in the discus throw. Edomwonyi's mark of 46.56m was good enough for first, while Hall's throw of 32.87m gave him fourth.
- Edomwonyi would also claim a victory in the hammer throw with his mark of 48.38m.
- In the javelin throw, Hall's mark of 47.15m was good enough for second overall.
- The Cardinals return to the track Saturday, April 30 as they will compete in the NESCAC Championships, which will be held at Amherst College. The events will begin at 9 a.m.