Score: Williams 153, Amherst 101, Wesleyan 87
Location: Middletown, Conn. (Bacon Field House)
Invitational: Little Three Championship
Date: Saturday, January 14th
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's track and field team put together many strong finishes as it competed in the Little Three Championship on Saturday at Bacon Field House.
- The Cardinals claimed the top two spots in the 800-meter run as Will Dudek '17 came in first with a time of 2:02.01 and was followed by teammate Grant Van Inwegen '20 who crossed the line in 2:02.36.
- Frank McField '20 finished in the top spot in the 200-meter dash with a time of 23.11 while fellow freshman Kyle Shin finished third with a mark of 24.40.
- In the 3,000 meter run, Conner Sexton '20 finished third with a personal record time of 8:59.74. Connor Cobb '18 also ran a personal best time of 9:02.27.
- Kevin McMorrow '20 and Shota Nakamura '19 finished the 1-mile run in sixth and seventh place with times of 4:27.75 and 4:29.47 respectively. Both times were also the runner's best times indoors.
- Colin Mahoney '18 completed the 600-meter run in 1:28.04.
- Wesleyan notched sixth and seventh in the 60-meter dash as Jack Northrop '20 claimed sixth with his time of 7.61 and Andrew McCracken '19 earned a seventh place finish as he crossed the line in 7.83.
- Will Bajohr '20 and Noah Langat '20 finished sixth and seventh in the 1,000-meter run with times of 2:41.38 and 2:47.23 respectively.
- The 4x400 relay team of Drew Trotman '18, Colin Mahoney '18, Wesley Layug '17, McField and Shin finished in third with a time of 3:36.36.
- The 4x800 team completed their relay race with a mark of 8:19.06 which was good enough for second. The team is made up of Dudek, Bajohr, Nakamura and McMorrow.
- Wesleyan took the top two spots in the pole vault event as Andrew McCracken '19 came in first with a mark of 4.25m and Jessy Carrasco-Gonzalez '18 finished second with a score of 4.10m.
- Olaniyi Adebayo '19 finished sixth in the shot put with a throw of 11.33m while teammate Ricardo Vazquez '20 finished right behind him in seventh with a mark of 11.21m.
- Layug finished the high jump in fifth place as he cleared 1.48m. He also finished second in the triple jump with a score of 12.25m and he finished sixth in the long jump with a mark of 5.70m.
- The Cardinals are back on the track Saturday, January 21st as they will take part in the Smith Invitational.