Score: 8 of 17 teams
Location: New London, Conn.
Invitational: Silfen Invitational
Date: Friday, April 14 – Saturday, April 15
The Lead: The Wesleyan University men's track and field team put together five top-five finished on its way to an eighth place finish at the Silfen Invitational on Saturday.
- Junior Tate Knight won the 3,000-meter steeplechase with a time of 9:40.66, which qualifies him for the New England Outdoor Championships
- Frank McField '20 notched a tenth place finish in the 200-meter dash as he crossed the line in 23.65.
- Conner Sexton '20 earned a tenth place finish in the 5,000-meter run with a time of 15:03.86.
- The 4x400 meter relay team of McField, Drew Trotman '18, Colin Mahoney '18 and Kyle Shin '20 crossed the finish line in 3:33.17, which gave them fifth overall.
- Andrew McCracken '19 won the pole vault event, clearing 4.20m. Jessy Carrasco-Gonzales '18 finished right behind him in second with a mark of 4.10m.
- Ricardo Vazquez '20 earned a fifth place finish in the javelin with a throw of 48.18m.
- The long jump event saw Jack Northrop '20 come in ninth place with a jump of 5.95m.
- Olaniyi Adebayo '19 finished 11th in the shot put with a mark of 12.20m and tenth in the discus with a throw of 32.79m.
HEAD COACH WALTER CURRY:
- "Our team is starting to gather momentum as we head into the last two weeks of the season."
- After getting over some injuries and sickness, the team is starting to get back to the form that had them running, jumping and throwing very strongly during the indoor season.
- "Next week's J. Elmer Swanson Invitational will be the last regular season contest before the NESCAC Championship. We hope with good weather and a big student crowd to support the team, stellar performances will continue all the way to our championship part of the season."
- The Cardinals will return to the track on Saturday, April 22nd as they will host the J. Elmer Swanson Invitational beginning at 11 a.m.